Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless you are not a law abiding citizen theres nothing to be worried about.</div></div>
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/images...n_rolleyes.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many deers you bringin down with those Tec-9s or an AK-47? No use for the public to have access to guns like those and others also. </div></div>
The 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting. </div></div>
The point is what is the use for the general public to have a weapon like that? Seriously I want a plausible answer to why I would need a gun like those I mentioned. Dont give me the answer "Well if I wanted one". Just like a person who can barely read or write would start bitching about their right to free press.
Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why clap for a copy/paste straight from the NRA's website (or at least an affiliate thereof)?
Oh yeah, they're non-partisan on this issue...where's that rolleyes icon when you need it. </div></div>
Yep, but everything Skippy posts straight from the horse's mouth is surely neutral.
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/images...ghinghard1.gif </div></div>
He isnt copying a pasting from a site such as that, so why does it matter if I use things from Obama's site on topics. He was talking about you and I am your defense? "Well ummmm R13 does it so I can too". [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]
Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment
The 2nd Amendment doesn't require me to provide a reason. Read up on US v. Miller (1939).
What is the use for Hugh Hefner or Larry Flynt to publish their magazines?
You cannot cherry-pick your favorites from the BoR and ignore the rest. Without the 2nd, the rest are meaningless.
You've shown yourself to be unwilling to listen to anything that does not fit your narrow view of 'plausibility'. Why waste time trying to provide you with fact when you're wrapped in your emotion and illogical security blanket?
Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You've shown yourself to be unwilling to listen to anything that does not fit your narrow view of 'plausibility'. Why waste time trying to provide you with fact when you're wrapped in your emotion and illogical security blanket?</div></div>
Reminds me of something I heard about a pot and kettle. And that just looks like a lame excuse to avoid the question. Alright lets agree with that, but why dont you humor me with an answer to my question.
Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take heart..in the poll of polls released today Obama added 3 more percent to his lead over McCain. Now he's up 7-8%. </div></div>
I'm thinking Gore and Kerry both had "leads" at one time in the polls also. Don't mean much. </div></div>
That's true...but neither of those started pulling away in October either
Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The fact of the matter is, anything is better than staying the course...and a vote for McCain is a vote to remain on the course we are on. This whole election boils down to that and that only. Everyone is making excuses and attacks against each candidate...but it boils down to a vote to continue Bush and the GOP's policy of the past 8 years or not...cuz McCain isn't exactly full of ideas either.. </div></div>
So you honestly think McCain aspires to be the lowest rated President in US history? I would think that from what he has personally witnessed with the Bush administration that he wants to be as far from that as he can get. </div></div>
Whether he aspires or not, I don't think he's capable of being any better...his legacy is a sham...if his father and grandfather weren't who they were, he would have been mopping the decks of ships..
Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why clap for a copy/paste straight from the NRA's website (or at least an affiliate thereof)?
Oh yeah, they're non-partisan on this issue...where's that rolleyes icon when you need it. </div></div>
Yep, but everything Skippy posts straight from the horse's mouth is surely neutral.
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/images...ghinghard1.gif</div></div>
Listen here--on more than one occasion I've called out people for posting stuff from biased news sources and trying to pass it off as neutral or proving a valid point when all it is is slanted journalism. I've done that to him, and I've done that to you...so laugh at that clown.
Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FACT: You have a Bill of Rights that ensures your right to bear arms...get over it already. </div></div>
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...dwrongsyb9.gif
I guess you missed the 94-04 Federal 'Assault Weapons' ban.</div></div>
Parsing quotes is a dangerous thing. Everytime you see an excerpt of a quote compared to another and one of them has an ellipse ending it...there's usually more to the quote. But whatever makes you think you've proved a point when in reality you haven't.
Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Regardless of which way my vote goes </div></div>
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/images...n_rolleyes.gif</div></div>
To return a favor from something you said in another thread a few weeks ago:
[censored] yourself.
Re: Obama & the 2nd Amendment
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Regardless of which way my vote goes </div></div>
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/images...n_rolleyes.gif</div></div>
To return a favor from something you said in another thread a few weeks ago:
[censored] yourself. </div></div>
Keep riding your high horse.